Monday, July 25, 2011

Pictures GALORE!!!!

The boys are getting so big so fast and are such a blast!!! A few new little things they do that I LOVE... Tagen will tell you that his favorite word is "GREAT!" He says it all the time and the way he says it is too cute. We've been swimming alot and I have been so amazed at how Tagen has progressed since the beginning of the summer. He didn't jump in the water or like to go under because he's always had this little "thing" about water getting in his eyes. Now, you'd never guess that. He's not afraid at all and jumps in ninja style, goes under and is so proud of himself because he "doesn't hold his nose!" He swims all over the pool. He loves the water just like I do :) Now Tatum, on the other hand, completely relaxes in the pool. When we're inside he never slows down, but is so calm and just hangs out when we're swimming. Cracks me up! Tagen has learned to spell and write his name. I'm so proud of him. I know I've mentioned this before but he has a REALLY GOOD memory (just like his daddy)! I'm still waiting for the Lord to give me a memory like that. It blows me away how they both remember every little detail!

Tatum is just as sweet as ever and still gives the biggest hugs. I love checking on him during naptime because he's usually laying on his tummy, sound asleep, with his little bottom in the air. Love it! He started walking at 11 months and now he runs everywhere he goes. Between the both of them, they're keeping this momma in shape :) He turned one on June 28th and just last Friday (July 22nd) he received a "GREAT" report from the neurologist. He was so calm and still while they were putting everything on for the EEG and then he slept through part of it. I was amazed at everything (BIG and small) the Lord did that day. He cares so much about the details and I'm truly thankful for that. The EEG took an hour and then we met with the neurologist. He looked over the EEG, walked in the door and said, "Well... Are you ready to get off that medicine!?!" It was music to my ears. Then he sat down and what he said only got better... "the EEG was PERFECTLY NORMAL!!!" Praise Jesus!!! We've already started reducing the medicine and he will completely finished with it on September 2nd. Woohooo!!! We are beyond excited and oh-so thankful :) Please continue to pray for Tatum. Being off the medicine and seizure-free for six months will be another major milestone for him. We are trusting God and holding Him at His word that Tatum is healed by the blood and stripes of Jesus!!! We know God is faithful and will fulfill His purpose for Tatum.

The Lord gave me such an amazing word the day before his appointment... "The Lord is GOOD - indeed, He is a fortress in time of distress and He PROTECTS those who seek refuge in Him... affliction will NOT rise up a SECOND TIME!" Nahum 1:7,9. Amen to that!!! Yet another promise we can stand on!!!

I haven't posted pictures in a really long time so here you go (hope you're sitting down)...



Easter... my three handsome boys before church :)


Just swingin'!!! I absolutely LOVE his sweet smile!!!!

In May, we went on our first family vacation to Ruidoso. I posted about this trip last time, but never put up any pictures. The boys slept in one morning and this is how they were sleeping. I thought it was too cute and couldn't resist taking a picture...

Swimming and LOVIN' it!!!!




I FINALLY painted and decorated their playroom. There was brick on one of the walls, and it took F-O-R-E-V-E-R to paint. I probably painted all the trim and walls in the same amount of time it took me to prime and paint the brick. It was worth it though. I decided against chocolate brown walls and went with a chocolate brown rug instead. I'm excited about how it all turned out!
Tagen and his buddy, Tucker Bear!!! He is the BEST dog in the entire world and so loyal. He follows the boys around everywhere and has the sweetest, most laid back temperament.

We visited Nana and Pawpaw one weekend, and before we even left Lubbock we received the call that someone made an offer on our house. Praise the LORD!!! After an entire year, it FINALLY sold!!!! YAY! That was a great start to a super fun weekend :) We went to the zoo while we were there and it was such a blast!


Kickin' back and enjoying the ride!!!

He was worn smooth out by the end of it...
Look who found Daddy's Bahama Bucks in the freezer!!!! Pina Colada/Blue Coconut get in my belly :)

Tatum Elijah Hayes turned ONE on June 28, 2011!!! Happy Birthday sweet boy!! You're such a blessing to us and the definition of JOY! We love you and are BEYOND blessed to be your "Mom-mom-mom" and "Da-da-da-da!!!"




Just getting started...

But boy it didn't take him long!! He put one MASSIVE dent in his cake. Cracks me up especially when I think about Tagen's first birthday. He didn't even TOUCH his cake :) Tatum does have a little sweet tooth I must say!!!

Uncle Tye gave him a bucking bull and he was so excited. Now he can ride and play with brother!

Awwww... BEST BUDDIES!!!!! Wow, I am so blessed to have you two!!!
Running through the sprinkler :D


My friend, Denae Hutson, took some pictures of Tye, Kara, Trey and I for Kimmy's 50th birthday present and here's one of our favs of just us two. I sure do love this amazing man!!!


Praying God blesses you today and captures your heart!!! He loves you and has MIGHTY, MIGHTY plans for you!

No comments: