Last weekend we went on our first family vacation to Ruidoso— just the four of us. Trey actually surprised me and had the entire trip planned and booked. Niiiiiice!!!! And, of course, what did I do when he told me?!?! Yep, I cried!!! The timing couldn’t have been more perfect. We played putt-putt, rode go-carts, went swimming, and just spent some much needed time together as a family. It was AWESOME and such a blast!!! That would have been enough for me, but the Lord didn’t stop there…
I love my husband with all my heart and to be quite honest I didn’t know I could love him more. But I DO!!! The Lord multiplied the love I have in my heart for him!!! It’s hard to put into words what happened and honestly I’m not sure I even know… but God did it and it’s AMAZING! My heart is flooded and overflowing with an even greater love for this man. Trey is my very best friend in the entire world. He loves me and believes me. He has seen my worst but has also seen my best. He defends me and prays for me. He encourages me and is extremely patient with me. He makes me laugh. He is a mighty, mighty man of God and an amazing Dad. He protects me and gives his all in everything he does. His heart is so pure. I see a glimpse of the Lord when I look at him and its such a beautiful sight. I could go on and on. I spent so much of our time there just watching him with the boys. Wow, our boys are so blessed to have him as their dad and I am without a doubt VERY blessed to have him as my husband and best friend. We celebrated our Sixth Anniversary on May 7th and it was a monumental one for sure.
I have been praying the Lord would help Trey and I to love each other the way He loves us and to see each other the way He sees us. To give us an even deeper, stronger love for each other. God chose this trip to answer that prayer. I guess I wasn’t surprised that He answered because He always answers… it was more of “how” He answered. It far exceeded what I even hoped or imagined. I’m so thankful for this sweet gift. If we have everything and don’t love… we have nothing and are nothing (1 Corinthians 13)! Love truly is the perfect and best gift!!! God, you never cease to amaze me!!!
This year has been a very, very tough year for us as a family and for our marriage. All the trials and stress, but I stand here today in awe of God’s grace that covered us and how far he has brought us. Sure we still have things we need to work on, but I’m thankful we aren’t where we were. We are stronger!!! God is so good! He is faithful and hears our every prayer! What a mighty God we serve! I pray we walk each day in the power of His Spirit and honor Him in all we say and do! In Jesus’ Name. Amen!!!
“The fire of love stops at nothing—it sweeps everything before it. Flood waters can’t drown love, torrents of rain can’t put it out. Love can’t be bought, love can’t be sold.” Song of Solomon 8:6-7
Before You Decorate for Fall
2 days ago
2 comments:
This is such a great post! Love your sweet family and so thankful for you sharing this! :) You're so wonderful!
Kristine~ Thank you :) You are just too sweet!!!!
Post a Comment